· This will be the third Africa Cup of Nations encounter between Burkina Faso and Senegal and the first in the knock-out rounds, with Senegal unbeaten in the previous two matches in the group stages (W1 D1).
· Burkina Faso will play in their fourth semi-final match at the Africa Cup of Nations, having been eliminated in two of their previous three – last progressing to the final in 2013 (3-2 on penalties against Ghana).
· Senegal have won five of their last six knock-out matches at the Africa Cup of Nations, keeping four clean sheets and conceding just twice – with their only defeat the 2019 final, against Algeria (1-0).
· Senegal could reach the final of the Africa Cup of Nations for the third time – no team have played in more finals (2) without ever winning, while the Lions of Teranga could become the first side to play in consecutive finals since Egypt in 2010.
· Senegal’s Sadio Mané has scored seven goals from 27 shots at the Africa Cup of Nations since the start of 2017, with a shot conversion rate of 26% – only Nigeria’s Odian Ighalo (5/12 – 42%) has a better ratio among players to score four or more in that time.