● This will be the third Africa Cup of Nations match between Burkina Faso and Tunisia, with Burkina Faso progressing from the previous two – both quarter-final encounters (8-7 on penalties in 1998 and 2-0 in 2017).
● Tunisia will play in their 11th quarter-final match at the Africa Cup of Nations, no team have made more appearances in this round since it was introduced in 1992. Although, the Eagles of Carthage have been eliminated in five of their last six such games at the tournament (W1).
● Burkina Faso have progressed from all three of their previous quarter-final matches at the Africa Cup of Nations – only Mali have played more matches in this round of the competition while progressing to the semi-finals on each occasion (5).
● Tunisia have won two of their last three Africa Cup of Nations matches (L1), keeping two clean sheets, they’ve only ever kept three shutouts in a single AFCON edition once before – in 2000 (3).
● Following his winner against Nigeria, Youssef Msakni is the first Tunisian to score in five different Africa Cup of Nations editions, while only four players have scored in six different AFCON’s – Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Kalusha Bwalya (Zambia), Asamoah Gyan and André Ayew (both Ghana).