● This will be the first Africa Cup of Nations encounter between Cameroon and Comoros, while it will be just the third time that the tournament hosts will play a debutant in a knock-out round match, after Egypt vs Sudan in 1957 (semi-finals) and Ethiopia vs Tunisia in 1962 (semi-finals).
● Cameroon have lost just one Africa Cup of Nations match since the beginning of the 2017 edition (P13 W6 D6 L1) – losing 3-2 against Nigeria in their Round of 16 match in 2019.
● Comoros, along with Gambia, could become the fourth team in the 21st century to reach at least the quarter-finals in their first participation at AFCON, after Equatorial Guinea (2012), Cape Verde (2013) and Madagascar (2019).
● Cameroon have reached at least the quarter-finals in eight of their last 10 Africa Cup of Nations, although they have failed to do so in two of their previous three editions (group stage in 2015 and Round of 16 in 2019).
● Cameroon’s Vincent Aboubakar, who is this tournament’s top scorer so far (5 goals), could become the first player to score more than five goals in a single edition of the Africa Cup of Nations since Egypt’s Hossam Hassan and South Africa’s Benni McCarthy (both 7) in 1998.