● This will be the sixth encounter between Egypt and Sudan at the Africa Cup of Nations. Egypt hold the upper hand with three wins to Sudan’s one (D1). Their first four meetings took place between 1957 and 1970 whilst their last head-to-head dates back to 2008, Egypt winning 3-0.
● The first ever match in the Africa Cup of Nations was between Egypt and Sudan – it took place on 10th February 1957 in Khartoum, the Sudanese capital. The Pharaohs won 2-1.
● Egypt are unbeaten in each of their last eight matchday three games of a group stage at the Africa Cup of Nations, winning six and drawing two since a 1-0 defeat to Morocco in 1998 edition.
● Sudan have had fewer shots (15) and registered a lower expected goals total (1.25) of any side in Group D at this edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, while they’ve also faced a group-high expected goals total of 3.17.
● Since the start of the 2017 edition of the Africa Cup of Nations, Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in 64% of Egypt’s 11 goals in the competition, a higher share than any other Egyptian player (7 of 11 – 5 goals, 2 assists).