● Gabon and Morocco’s only previous encounter in the Africa Cup of Nations took place in the group phase of the 2012 tournament – despite conceding the opening goal, Gabon won 3-2.
● Gabon are unbeaten in their last five Africa Cup of Nations games (W1 D4), their joint-best such run in the competition (also five games between January 2012 and January 2015, W4 D1).
● Morocco are unbeaten in their last six matches at the Africa Cup of Nations, winning five (D1), their longest run without defeat in the competition since their first 11 games in the competition between 1972 and 1978.
● If they avoid defeat to Morocco, Gabon could go unbeaten in the group stages of the Africa Cup of Nations in consecutive appearances in the competition for the first time. (D3 in 2017 and W1 D1 so far in this edition).
● Morocco are unbeaten in their final group stage game in six of their last seven Africa Cup of Nations appearances (W3 D3), with the exception being a 2-0 defeat to Ghana in 2008.