● This will be the first encounter between Gambia and Mali at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● After their 1-0 victory against Mauritania, Gambia are looking to become the first debutants to win their first two matches at the Africa Cup of Nations since Equatorial Guinea in 2012.
● Mali have won three of their last five matches at the Africa Cup of Nations (D1 L1), as many victories as in their previous 15 in the competition (D8 L4).
● Mali are looking to win their opening two games of an Africa Cup of Nations for the first time since 2004, when they went on to finish fourth.
● Since 2010, Mali have scored 21 of their 31 Africa Cup of Nations goals (68%) in the second half of games, coming into the second round of matches, only Côte d’Ivoire (25) have scored more in this time.