● This will be the first encounter between Guinea-Bissau and Nigeria at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● Guinea-Bissau remain winless in their eight matches in the Africa Cup of Nations (D3 L5); only Benin (14), Mozambique (12) and Namibia (9) have played more games in the tournament without ever picking up a win.
● Nigeria have won 11 of their last 13 Africa Cup of Nations matches (L2), including both in this year’s tournament so far. They last won each of their opening three matches of an edition back in 2006.
● Guinea-Bissau are yet to score in this year’s Africa Cup of Nations despite attempting 16 shots with an xG total of 2.21 in their two matches so far. Overall, they have failed to score in their last six Africa Cup of Nations matches; no nation has ever gone seven straight games without a goal in the competition’s history.
● Taiwo Awoniyi has attempted nine shots in this year’s Africa Cup of Nations, more than twice as many as any other Nigeria player. He has also had more touches in the opposition’s box than any other Nigeria player in their opening two matches of this edition (14).