● This will be the first meeting between Senegal and Cape Verde at the Africa Cup of Nations. Senegal have won three of their last four games in the knockout stages of the competition, with their only defeat in this run coming in the 2019 final against Algeria.
● Cape Verde have only played one game in the knockout stages of the Africa Cup of Nations previously, losing 0-2 to Ghana in the 2013 quarter-final. They have only one won of their six games in the competition between that defeat and the end of this season’s group stage (W1 D4 L1).
● Senegal are the only team to have kept a clean sheet in 100% of their games at this year’s Africa Cup of Nations (3/3). Indeed, they have allowed the fewest opposition shots on target (3) and also have the lowest expected goals against total (1.6) in the current tournament.
● Cape Verde have only scored six goals in their 10 games in the Africa Cup of Nations, at an average of 0.6 per game. A third of their goals in the tournament were scored in a 2-1 win against Angola in 2013, while they have only netted three in seven games since then.
● Excluding own goals, Sadio Mané has been directly involved in 50% of Senegal’s goals in Africa Cup of Nations since the start of the 2017 tournament (7/14), scoring six goals and providing one assist for a teammate.