● This will be just the second encounter at the Africa Cup of Nations between Senegal and Equatorial Guinea, with the National Thunder winning the previous such game, in the group stages in 2012 (2-1).
● Senegal have progressed from three of their last five quarter-final matches at the Africa Cup of Nations, while they’re looking to reach the semi-finals in consecutive tournaments for the first time.
● Equatorial Guinea have lost just one of their last five Africa Cup of Nations games (W2 D2), keeping four clean sheets and conceding just once – more shutouts than they managed in their previous nine matches in the competition combined (3).
● Since the start of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations, Senegal have won more games (9) and kept more clean sheets (12) than any other team.
● Sadio Mané has scored 44% of Senegal’s goals (7/16 excluding own goals) at the Africa Cup of Nations since 2017, while none of his teammates have scored more than once in this time.