● This will be the first encounter between Sudan and Guinea-Bissau at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● This is Sudan’s first Africa Cup of Nations appearance since 2012. They won the tournament in 1970 but since then have only won one of their 13 matches (D5 L7). Their last clean sheet in the tournament dates back to the 1970 final against Ghana (1-0).
● This is Guinea-Bissau’s third Africa Cup of Nations appearance after making their debut in the competition only four years ago in 2017 – they have finished bottom of their group in each of their two previous participations, a total of two draws and four defeats.
● Guinea-Bissau have failed to score in their last 437 minutes of play at the Africa Cup of Nations (over 7 hours), the longest current drought in the tournament among this year’s participants. In the last AFCON, they registered the lowest total of shots on target (3 in 3 games) and touches inside the opposition box (28).
● Sudan’s Mohamed Abdelrahman scored a third of his team’s goals during the qualifiers for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (3 out of 9), finding the net in each of Sudan’s last three matches.